10 Year Facility Plan
The following 10-Year-Facility-Plan projects are funded by ESPLOST and General Obligation Bond revenue.
Updated February 16, 2023:
- Cherokee Bluff Middle School Construction is completed. The school opened its doors in the fall of 2022.
- Ground has been broken on new Elementary School #1, Sandra Dunagan Deal Elementary. The school will open its doors in the fall of 2024.
- New Learning Commons are now in place at the following schools: Spout Springs, Sugar Hill, Martin, Mount Vernon, Wauka Mountain, Lanier, Chestnut Mountain, Friendship, and Lula, World Language Elementary Schools; Chestatee High School, Chestatee Academy, and East Hall Middle School. Renovations for new Learning Commons are planned to be completed summer 2023 at Flowery Branch Elementary and West Hall Middle Schools.
- An automotive lab was added to Chestatee High School. Additionally, the school received upgrades to classrooms, the construction lab, and the band room.
- A manufacturing lab was added to West Hall High School.
- Installation of air conditioning in all middle school gymnasiums is now complete.
- The district has established and developed an Agri-Business Center in the northern portion of the county, which serves all HCSD students. Phases I and II, cattle and poultry, are complete. Funding for a meat processing plant have been secured. Additionally, 20 bee hives are established and are producing honey.
- Security Card Access and door access cameras for all schools is now complete.
- Artificial turf installation is complete in 7 of our high school stadiums.
- Two 8-lane tracks are now in place at Chestatee High School and Cherokee Bluff High School. Track resurfacing is complete at North Hall High School, Flowery Branch High School, and West Hall High School. In progress at Johnson and East Hall High Schools.
- 27 new buses have been purchased.
- Johnson High School has a new Performing Arts Center.
- A Fine Arts Center, which includes a new performing arts center, band suite, chorus suite, and 2 art suites, as well as campus renovations, are in progress at West Hall High School.
- Major renovations and additions to the East Hall High School campus are in progress.
- The student museum at the Academies of Discovery at South Hall is currently under construction for upgrade and expansion.
- A new driveway/entranceway to both Wauka Mountain and Lanier Elementary Schools is complete.
- Breaking ground on new welding lab at Lanier College and Career Academy, as well as a combined Marine Engine and Diesel Electronic Systems lab.
- A land purchase on McEver Road for New Elementary School #2 is in progress.
- Renovations are planned for tennis courts at East Hall High School and Chestatee High School.
- A CTAE Technology refresh involving laptops and monitors is underway at 6 high schools, 6 middle schools, Lanier College and Career Academy, and Ivester Early College.